You will be met and transferred to your hotel. The day is at leisure to begin exploring on your own. Later, gather with your tour director and your fellow travelers for a welcome reception.
This morning we stroll through Baixa, Lisbon’s historic heart and commercial center. We then drive to Belem to view Belem Tower and the Discovery Monument. The Vasco de Gama tomb in the Jeronimos Monastery is next on our journey. After our tour, enjoy beautiful streets of Lisbon on own or join option tour Dinner with Fado show. The evening is at leisure.
Lisbon, Excursion to Sintra, Cabo Da Roca, Cascias, and Estoril
This morning we depart on a half-day private sightseeing tour to Sintra, Cascais, Estoril, and Cabo da Roca. Sintra boasts a historic Centre that is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site. After our visit to the Sintra National Palace, we continue to Cabo da Roca, the westernmost cape in Continental Europe. Thereafter, we travel to Cascais, a picturesque fishing town with some quirky museums, beautiful gardens, and a lively fish market. Then we’re off to Estoril, a former fishing town turned cosmopolitan destination for well-heeled travelers. We return to Lisbon early in the afternoon. Rest of the day at leisure.
After breakfast, we leave Lisbon and depart towards the north. Our first destination is Obidos, a charming village of white houses on a hill, surrounded by fourteenth century’s walls. Here we stop for a tasting of cherry liquor. We proceed to Nazare after the tasting. Nazare is a popular tourist attraction and picturesque village located on the Atlantic coast. Our next stop is the Monastery of Batalha, a Dominican Convent. We finish the day in Fatima, a Catholic pilgrimage destination and home to sacred sites and religious artifacts.
In the morning, we travel to Tomar for a half-day sightseeing tour and visit the Luso-Hebrew Museum. We then proceed towards Buçaco to visit the famous Buçaco Forest and for an outside view of Buçaco Palace. In Coimbra, our half-day sightseeing tour includes a visit to the University and Library.
We continue to Aveiro and Costa Nova for an orientation tour and then travel through the Douro Valley, classified by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. Traditionally, the wines from this region were transported down-river in flat-bottomed boats called “rabelos”. The wine was stored in barrels in cellars of the Vila Nova de Gaia, just across the river from Porto. After our lunch with wine tasting in the Douro Valley, we continue to Porto.
During our half-day sightseeing tour of Porto, we visit the Palacio de Bolsa (the stock exchange palace) and end our tour in one of the famous wine cellars where we have another tasting. After this, we continue with a boat excursion, one of the most spectacular experiences in the city. Our afternoon is free, at leisure. In the evening gather with your fellow travelers and your tour director for our farewell dinner.
Breakfast followed by our transfer to the airport.
Choose your preferred dates and book your trip todayBOOK NOW
Dates & Rates
|Departure date||Start Date||End Date||Starting At||Double Occupancy||Single Price||Child Price||Book|
|01 Apr 2022||02 Apr 2022||09 Apr 2022||$2,153||$756||$2,153||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
|29 Apr 2022||30 Apr 2022||07 May 2022||$2,153||$756||$2,153||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
|01 Jul 2022||02 Jul 2022||09 Jul 2022||$2,153||$756||$2,153||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
|16 Sep 2022||17 Sep 2022||24 Sep 2022||$2,153||$756||$2,153||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
|21 Oct 2022||22 Oct 2022||29 Oct 2022||$2,153||$756||$2,153||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
* All prices in USD
- Airport transfer from Lisbon airport to hotel by IBMT representative
- Centrally located first class hotels
- Breakfast daily
- Welcome reception in Lisbon (heavy hors d’oeuvres, a glass of wine, beer, or soft drink)
- 1 dinner (coffee or tea included)
- 1 lunch with wine tasting in the Douro Valley
- Touring by modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Professional English-Speaking Tour Director throughout
- Licensed Local Guides
- Baggage handling at hotels
- Whisper technology enhanced touring
- Hotel taxes and service taxes
- Departure transfer from hotel to Porto airport by IBMT representative
- Cabo da Roca, wild and rugged headland marking the most western point of Continental Europe
- Lisbon, a pastel-colored city on seven hills, ceramic tiles, Fado, and colonialism
- The medieval walled city of Obidos, also known as the Wedding Town
- Nazaré, Portugal’s most famous fishing village
- Coimbra’s University and Library
- Aveiro, canals and colorful boats, also known as the Portuguese Venice
- Porto, the town that gave the country its very name
- Lisbon: Lisbon Marriott Hotel or similar
- Fatima: Aurea/Estrela De Fatima/Regina or similar
- Coimbra: Vila Gale Coimbra or similar
- Porto: Vila Gale Porto/Vila Gale Porto Ribeira or similar