Day 1 - Sunday
Arrival in Lima, meet and greet at the airport, transfer to your hotel. Stay in Lima. This same day, our representative, will give you a short briefing about the rest of your stay.
* Please take note check-in at hotels in Lima is at 3pm, therefore in case of early arrivals, passengers should wait at the lobby until check-in time, otherwise book the room a day earlier.
Day 2 - Monday
In the morning we will have a tour through Lima’s streets and plazas. Starting at the Love Park in Miraflores, with a spectacular view of the Pacific Ocean, and then heading to the Huaca Pucllana, ceremonial center of the Lima culture. Later we will go to San Isidro, financial center of the city. After this, we go on to the Main Square where the Government Palace and the Town Hall are located. We will visit the Cathedral and explore the Santo Domingo Convent, along which corridors San Martin de Porras and San Rosa de Lima used to walk around in 17th century, and where their remains rest today. In the afternoon, we will visit the spectacular Larco Museum, which is considered one of the main attractions of Lima. Then, we will take a break to enjoy a drink made of Pisco, our flagship liquor, in a traditional tavern in Pueblo Libre to later head to the Park of the Reserve to enter the Magic Water Tour, the newest entertainment icon in the city, comprised of 13 water fountains that provide a mixture of color, illusion and fantasy. Overnight in Lima. (Breakfast).
Day 3 - Tuesday
LIMA / CUSCO
Transfer to the airport and flight to Cusco. On arrival, meet and greet, transfer to your hotel. In the afternoon, we will start our Imperial Cusco city tour visiting the Sacsayhuaman Archaeological Park, an impressive fortress of colossal dimensions with rocks that are up to 4 meters tall and surrounded by beautiful views blending together perfectly. Then we will continue to explore Q'enqo, the Puma shrine, and see the sacrificial altar embedded inside a rock cave and Tambomachay and its sacred fountains of life. On the route, we will have a panoramic view of Puca Pucará watchtower which guarded the city entrance. After this, we will visit the Korikancha temple, Inti God shrine, on which the Santo Domingo church was built. According to the chronicles, this temple was completely covered in gold in Inca times. Finally, we will go to the Main Square in order to visit the Cathedral and its valuable and beautiful colonial masterpieces such as The Cross which arrived along with the first conquers. Stay in Cusco. (Dinner)
Day 4 - Wednesday
CUSCO / SACRED VALLEY / CUSCO
We will visit the most outstanding sites of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. We will leave for the town of Chinchero, the most typical and picturesque of the Sacred Valley. This town is also famous for its women weavers, we will make a brief stop in a textile center to appreciate its beautiful fabrics and where they will teach us the ancient Inca techniques for dyeing and spinning with Alpaca wool. In the town of Chinchero we will visit its Inca archaeological complex and its beautiful colonial church enjoying the impressive natural images that surround the town. We will continue to Moray, beautiful and curious Inca archaeological complex composed of colossal concentric terraces simulating a large amphitheater. In Incas times, it served as an agricultural laboratory where diverse microclimates were recreated. Lunch at one of the restaurants in the area. Finally, we end our tour visiting the fabulous archaeological complex of Ollantaytambo important for the Incas as a military, religious and agricultural center. We will visit the Temple of the ten windows, the bathrooms of the ñusta, the Temple of the Sun among other places of interest. The postcards from the heights of Ollantaytambo will close this magical day in the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Overnight stay in Cusco. (Breakfast & Lunch)
Day 5 - Thursday
CUSCO / KM 104 / CACHABAMBA / WIÑAY WAYNA / AGUAS CALIENTES
This morning you will be transferred from Cusco to Poroy train station. Your train will go up to 104 km. where we will climb out and start the so-called Express Inca Trail, a light trek to explore the beautiful Wiñaywayna complex. After a box lunch, we will continue to Machu Picchu, entering through the Intipunku or the Sun Gate. Then will take the tourist bus that will take you down to Aguas Calientes, where we will spend the night. Dinner at hotel.(Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner).
Distance: from Km 104 – Intipunku: 13 km.
Estimated time: 6-7 hrs.
Maximum altitude reached: 2,650 mt. / 8,692 ft.
Highlights: Chachabamba y Wiñay Wayna, Machu Picchu entrance through Inti Punku
Important: Inca Trail is closed on February.
Day 6 - Friday
AGUAS CALIENTES / MACHU PICCHU / CUSCO
Early in the morning our guide will take us to the Lost City of the Incas for a special visit. This archaeological monument will surround us with its energy and astonish us with its terraces, ceremonial shrines, steps and urban areas. We will have free time to explore Machu Picchu on our own. After a guided visit, we will descend to Aguas Calientes to have lunch at one of the restaurants in the area. At the arranged time, we will return to Cusco by train and will be transferred to the hotel.
Overnight stay in Cusco. (Breakfast, Lunch).
Day 7 - Saturday
Day at leisure. Discover the beauti of Cusco. (Breakfast).
Day 8 - Sunday
CUSCO - FLIGHT BACK HOME
End of our service.
Choose your preferred dates and book your trip todayBOOK NOW
Dates & Rates
|Departure date||Start Date||End Date||Starting At||Double Price||Single Price||Child Price||Book|
|05 Jan 2020||05 Jan 2020||12 Jan 2020||$2016||$2511||$1478||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
|19 Jan 2020||19 Jan 2020||26 Jan 2020||$2016||$2511||$1478||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
|02 Feb 2020||02 Feb 2020||09 Feb 2020||$2016||$2511||$1478||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
|16 Feb 2020||16 Feb 2020||23 Feb 2020||$2016||$2511||$1478||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
|01 Mar 2020||01 Mar 2020||08 Mar 2020||$2016||$2511||$1478||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
|15 Mar 2020||15 Mar 2020||22 Mar 2020||$2016||$2511||$1478||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
|29 Mar 2020||29 Mar 2020||05 Apr 2020||$2016||$2511||$1478||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
|12 Apr 2020||12 Apr 2020||19 Apr 2020||$2016||$2511||$1478||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
|26 Apr 2020||26 Apr 2020||03 May 2020||$2016||$2511||$1478||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
|10 May 2020||10 May 2020||17 May 2020||$2016||$2511||$1478||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
|24 May 2020||24 May 2020||31 May 2020||$2016||$2511||$1478||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
|07 Jun 2020||07 Jun 2020||14 Jun 2020||$2016||$2511||$1478||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
|05 Jul 2020||05 Jul 2020||12 Jul 2020||$2016||$2511||$1478||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
|19 Jul 2020||19 Jul 2020||26 Jul 2020||$2016||$2511||$1478||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
|02 Aug 2020||02 Aug 2020||09 Aug 2020||$2016||$2511||$1478||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
|16 Aug 2020||16 Aug 2020||23 Aug 2020||$2016||$2511||$1478||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
|30 Aug 2020||30 Aug 2020||06 Sep 2020||$2016||$2511||$1478||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
|13 Sep 2020||13 Sep 2020||20 Sep 2020||$2016||$2511||$1478||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
|27 Sep 2020||27 Sep 2020||04 Oct 2020||$2016||$2511||$1478||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
|11 Oct 2020||11 Oct 2020||18 Oct 2020||$2016||$2511||$1478||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
|25 Oct 2020||25 Oct 2020||01 Nov 2020||$2016||$2511||$1478||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
|08 Nov 2020||08 Nov 2020||15 Nov 2020||$2016||$2511||$1478||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
|22 Nov 2020||22 Nov 2020||29 Nov 2020||$2016||$2511||$1478||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
|06 Dec 2020||06 Dec 2020||13 Dec 2020||$2016||$2511||$1478||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
* All prices in USD
INKA TRAIL PACKAGE INCLUDES
- Pre-departure briefing and meet and greet at the airport, transfer to your hotel.
- Collection from your hotel in the morning and transfer in private transport to starting point of the trail.
- Inca Trail and Machu Picchu entrance fee.
- Sleeping bags
- Dining tent with tables and chairs.
- Kitchen tent.
- English speaking professional and official tourist guide.
- Chef and cooking equipment.
- Porters (to carry tents, food and cooking equipment).
- Accommodation for all our staff.
- Meals (04B, 03L, 03D + daily morning snack + daily tea service except last day). Vegetarian or special menus are available at no extra cost.
- Others: hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes / boiled water to fill in your water bottle every morning and night, and at lunch time if requested with enough time ahead.
- First-aid kit.
- Bus ticket from Machupicchu ruins down to the village of Aguas Calientes.
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Cusco.
- Transfer train station-hotel in Cusco.
- Domestic Flight from Lima to Cusco
INKA TRAIL PACKAGE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Visit to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes.
- Porters to carry personal gear.
Prices do not include
- International air tickets.
- Airport taxes (USD 9.40 domestic flights and USD 30.74 international flights / Subject to modification without prior notification).
- Personal expenses, beverages in meals.
- Tips for guides, driver or waitress.
- Subject to availability.
- Does not apply during Easter, Inti Raymi (June 22-26) and our national holidays (July 28-29).
- Services in English or Spanish.
- Children rates:
Children of 2 to 5 years can apply rate sharing bed w/parents.
- Hotels only allow one child sharing bed w/parents in a double room.
- In order to purchase entrance fees, train tickets, etc, at child rate we must have in advance copy of passport, otherwise we cannot apply child rate.
- Hotels have been quoted without the IGV (Peruvian tax), exoneration applied to foreigners (non-Peruvian residents). In order to apply for this exoneration it is required to show a copy of your passport together with the entrance seal to Peru and the Andean migration card (which is given on the plane upon entering the country) sealed by the airport Immigration Services representative. In case of cancellation, this 18% should be added to the amount quoted.
We recommend for the Inka trail:
- A backpack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek
- Rain gear (jacket and pants if available) or rain poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco)
- Strong footwear, waterproof trekking boots recommended
- Sandals or jogging shoes for a higher comfort while at camp
- Warm clothes, including jacket, fleeces. Thermal clothing is also recommended, especially for sleeping
- Flashlight/headlamp and batteries
- Camera, films and batteries (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions)
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain and cold
- Sun block
- After-sun cream or hydrating cream for face and body
- Insect repellent – minimum recommended 20% DEET – no malaria risk has been reported
- Toilet paper
- Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, muesli, etc. Please note that we do provide a daily morning snack and our meal service is very complete and well supplied. This recommendation applies for all clients being used to a specific snack, as it may happen that it is not included in our selection
- Water container and water for the first morning. Important notice: plastic water bottles are no longer allowed into the Inca Trail. Plastic water containers (ie. Nalgene) or metal ones are recommended
- Optionally: water- sterilizing tablets in case you pick up water from streams or rivers along the route. Small towel.
- Swimsuit (if you wish to go to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes)
- Cash in soles and/or US$
- Original passport
- Optional: walking sticks or poles (rubber covers required in order not to damage the Inca Trail).