Day 1 - Monday
Arrival Day | LIMA
Arrival in Lima, meet and greet at the airport, transfer to your hotel. Stay in Lima. This same day, our representative, will give you a short briefing about the rest of your stay. Overnight stay in Lima.
Please take note check-in at hotels in Lima is at 3:00pm, therefore in case of early arrivals, passengers should wait at the lobby until check-in time, otherwise book the room a day earlier.
Day 2 - Tuesday
After breakfast in the morning, (approx 9.00 AM) we will have a tour through Lima’s streets and plazas. Starting at “Parque del Amor” in Miraflores, with a spectacular view of the Pacific Ocean, and then heading to the Huaca Pucllana, ceremonial center of the Lima culture for a panoramic view. After this, we go on to the Main Square where the Government Palace and the Town Hall are located. We will visit the Cathedral and explore the Santo Domingo Convent, along which corridors San Martin de Porras and San Rosa de Lima used to walk around in 17th century, and where their remains rest today. In the afternoon, (approx 16.00 PM) we will visit the spectacular Larco Museum, which is considered one of the main attractions of Lima. Then, we will take a break to enjoy a drink made of Pisco, our flagship liquor, in a traditional tavern in Pueblo Libre to later head to the Park of the Reserve to enter the Magic Water Tour, the newest entertainment icon in the city, comprised of 13 water fountains that provide a mixture of color, illusion and fantasy. Overnight in Lima.
Day 3 - Wednesday
After morning breakfast, transfer to the airport and flight to Cusco. *Suggest to book flight arriving in Cusco, no later than 10:30hrs.
In the afternoon (approx 14:30PM), our exclusive city tour starts with a visit to the San Cristobal Plaza to enjoy its panoramic view of the city. Then, we will visit the San Pedro Market to soak in its local flavors and to learn about more of the products grown in the area, which supply the whole city. After this, the Korikancha temple will welcome us in all his magnificence; this temple, whose Quechua name means “Gold Enclosure” still bedazzles us with the thought of its gold covered walls. Then it is the turn to visit the Santo Domingo Church. We will walk from San Blas, the artisans’ neighborhood, to the Hatun Rumiyoc street, stopping at the Inca Roca Palace, nowadays home to the Archbishop’s Palace and also at the famous Twelve Angle Stone. We will continue our walk to the Main Square to visit the Cathedral and its valuable and beautiful colonial masterpieces.
Overnight stay in Cusco
Day 4 - Thursday
CUSCO | SACRED VALLEY | CUSCO
After breakfast, you will visit the most outstanding sites of the Sacred Valley of the Incas (approx 7:30 AM). We will leave for the town of Chinchero, the most typical and picturesque of the Sacred Valley. This town is also famous for its women weavers, we will make a brief stop in a textile center to appreciate its beautiful fabrics and where they will teach us the ancient Inca techniques for dyeing and spinning with Alpaca wool. In the town of Chinchero we will visit its Inca archaeological complex and its beautiful colonial church enjoying the impressive natural images that surround the town. We will continue to Moray, beautiful and curious Inca archaeological complex composed of colossal concentric terraces simulating a large amphitheater. In Incas times, it served as an agricultural laboratory, where diverse microclimates were recreated. Lunch at one of the restaurants in the area. Finally, we end our tour visiting the fabulous archaeological complex of Ollantaytambo, important for the Incas as a military, religious and agricultural center. We will visit the Temple of the ten windows, the bathrooms of the ñusta, the Temple of the Sun among other places of interest. The postcards from the heights of Ollantaytambo will close this magical day in the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Overnight stay in Cusco.
Meal: Breakfast, Lunch
Important: This evening you will need to pack a small bag for your Inca Trail adventure; for all train journeys, each passenger is allowed 1 bag or backpack which must not exceed 5kg/11pounds and/or 62 inches/157cm (length + height + width). Baggage that exceeds these measurements will not be allowed. Your extra luggage should be stored at the hotel in Cusco. Tonight, you will have a briefing at your hotel about your 2 days/1-night excursion, where you will receive all recommendations for it (what to expect, what to take with you, etc).
Day 5 - Friday
CUSCO | KM 104 | CACHABAMBA | WIÑAY WAYNA | AGUAS CALIENTES
After breakfast, this morning you will be transferred from Cusco to Poroy train station. Your train will go up to 104 km. where we will climb out and start the so-called Express Inca Trail, a light trek to explore the beautiful Wiñaywayna complex. After a box lunch, we will continue to Machu Picchu, entering through the Intipunku or the Sun Gate. Then, will take the tourist bus that will take you down to Aguas Calientes, where we will spend the night. Dinner at hotel.
Meal: Breakfast, Box Lunch, Dinner
Distance: from Km 104 – Intipunku: 13 km.
Estimated time: 6-7 hrs.
Maximum altitude reached: 2,650 mt. / 8,692 ft.
Highlights: Chachabamba y Wiñay Wayna, Machu Picchu entrance through Inti Punku
Important: Inca Trail is closed on February.
Day 6 - Saturday
AGUAS CALIENTES | MACHU PICCHU | CUSCO
After early morning breakfast, our guide will take us to the Lost City of the Incas for a special visit. This archaeological monument will surround us with its energy and astonish us with its terraces, ceremonial shrines, steps and urban areas. You will have free time to explore Machu Picchu on your own. After a guided visit, you will descend to Aguas Calientes to have lunch at one of the restaurants in the area. At the scheduled time, we will return to Cusco by train and will be transferred to the hotel.
Overnight stay in Cusco.
Meal: Breakfast, Lunch
Day 7 - Sunday
CUSCO | Leisure Day
After breakfast, today's day at leisure, you have a chance to discover the beauties of Cusco.
Day 8 - Monday
CUSCO | LIMA | FLIGHT BACK HOME
After breakfast, at scheduled time we will go to the airport to board the departing flight to Lima.
End of Services!
Note: We suggest to book return international flight in late afternoon.
Choose your preferred dates and book your trip todayBOOK NOW
Dates & Rates
|Departure date||Start Date||End Date||Starting At||Double Price||Single Price||Child Price||Book|
|16 Aug 2020||17 Aug 2020||24 Aug 2020||$2040||$2686||$1503||Not available|
|30 Aug 2020||31 Aug 2020||07 Sep 2020||$2040||$2686||$1503||Not available|
|13 Sep 2020||14 Sep 2020||21 Sep 2020||$2040||$2686||$1503||Not available|
|27 Sep 2020||28 Sep 2020||05 Oct 2020||$2040||$2686||$1503||Not available|
|11 Oct 2020||12 Oct 2020||19 Oct 2020||$2040||$2686||$1503||Not available|
|25 Oct 2020||26 Oct 2020||02 Nov 2020||$2040||$2686||$1503||Not available|
|08 Nov 2020||09 Nov 2020||16 Nov 2020||$2040||$2686||$1503||Not available|
|22 Nov 2020||23 Nov 2020||30 Nov 2020||$2040||$2686||$1503||Not available|
|06 Dec 2020||07 Dec 2020||14 Dec 2020||$2040||$2686||$1503||BOOKBOOK THIS TOUR|
* All prices in USD
- Transfer airport / hotel / airport – AM HD City tour – PM HD Larco Museum and Magic Water Circuit.
- 2 nights of accommodation in Lima - Daily breakfast.
- Transfers airport / hotel / train station / hotel / airport.
- PM HD City tour of Cusco: visit to Cathedral and Koricancha temple.
- FD Sacred Valley of the Incas Premium tour: Chinchero town, terraces of Moray and Ollantaytambo Fortress with lunch.
- 2 days / 1-night Inca Trail package
- Comfort and Tourist class hotels – Expedition train
- First and Deluxe Class hotels – Vistadome train
Prices do not include
- Early check-in / Late Check-out.
- International or domestic air tickets.
- Airport taxes.
- Personal expenses, beverages in meals.
- Tips for transfers, guides or waitress.
- Services not mentioned.
- Subject to availability.
- Does not apply during Easter, Inti Raymi (June 22-26), our national holidays (July 28-29) and any other special event.
- Services with English speaking local guides.
- Our transfers: airport/hotel or v.v., bus station/hotel or v.v., train station/hotel or v.v., port/airport or hotel or v.v., does not include handling fee (tip for porters or bellboys), EXCEPT for transfers on private basis.
- Hotels only allow one child sharing bed w/parents in a double room.
- In order to purchase entrance fees, train tickets, etc, at child rate we must have in advance copy of passport, otherwise we cannot apply child rate.
- Hotels have been quoted without the IGV (Peruvian tax), exoneration applied to foreigners (non-Peruvian residents). In order to apply for this exoneration, it is required to show a copy of your passport together with the entrance seal to Peru (stamped upon your arrival by the airport Immigration Services representative). In case of cancellation, this 18% should be added to the amount quoted.
INKA TRAIL PACKAGE INCLUDES
- Pre-departure briefing.
- Transfer hotel in Cusco-train station-hotel in Cusco.
- Inca Trail and Machu Picchu entrance fee.
- English speaking professional and official tourist guide.
- Meals (01 snack + 01 box lunch at first day). Vegetarian or special menus are available at no extra cost.
- First-aid kit.
INKA TRAIL PACKAGE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Visit to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes.
- Porters to carry personal gear.
Important about the Inca Trail:
- Bookings will only be guaranteed by when providing full names, nationalities, date of birth, gender and passport numbers of passengers. Also, we require a deposit of 35% of the total cost of the trek.
- All Inca Trail departures are subject to government space availability.
- Since the Inca Trail has a maximum allowance of 500 people per day (including passengers and agency staff), we strongly recommend making your bookings as much in advance as possible to make sure you will find spaces on the desired departure date. We are already receiving bookings for departures scheduled as far as one year prior to the trek departure date, so if you wish to travel with us to the Inca Trail, please make sure to confirm your booking as soon as possible. Otherwise, we have also available alternative routes of equally awesome beauty and interest to offer to you.
- In case of cancellation by the client, please note that the deposit is non-refundable. The deposit is used to purchase the space within the group and once a space is purchased it cannot be resold afterwards.
- In case of cancellation by the client, the following refund policies apply:
- Cancellation up to 21 days prior to departure: loss of program deposit.
- Cancellation between 20 – 15 days: 50% as penalty.
- Cancellation between 14 days and the departure date: will be considered a No Show and no refund will be applicable. The unused trek permit will be returned as well as the return train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Cusco and the bus tickets from Machu Picchu to Cusco. Clients may be able to re-use the tickets by presenting them to the respective authorities and paying an additional amount, which varies depending on the ticket.
We recommend for the Inka trail:
- Strong footwear, waterproof trekking boots recommended
- Camera, films and batteries (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions)
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain and cold
- Sun block
- After-sun cream or hydrating cream for face and body
- Insect repellent – minimum recommended 20% DEET – no malaria risk has been reported
- Water container. Important notice: plastic water bottles are no longer allowed into the Inca Trail. Plastic water containers (ie. Nalgene) or metal ones are recommended
- Original passport
- Original International Student Identity Card (in case you have applied for a student discount)
Optional: walking sticks or poles (rubber covers required in order not to damage the Inca Trail).